May 12, 2007

Blogging to Fame

The Village drums are beating. This is a call-to-action for all 'villagers'!

I didn't realize until a few moments ago how close I am to being one of the winners in the Blogging to Fame contest.

It turns out that the top four blogs (e.g., Electronic Villager) and the top five bloggers (e.g., Villager) will win some nifty prizes. I would like to make an effort to get into the winner's circle.

The Electronic Village is currently in 6th place ... only five (5) votes out of the prize money that comes for finishing in the top four.

The Villager is currently in 7th place ... only eight (8) votes out of the prize money that comes for finishing in the top five.

Here is what we need you to do ... if you have time or inclination I need you to take a moment to make two (2) votes. One would be for my blog. The other would be for me as a blogger.
  1. Click here to fame-vote the Villager (Wayne) - One of the benefits of making this fame-vote is that you get to see a non-rhino photo of me! I'll have my real photo in that spot for the next week or so. I'll change it back to the rhino-avatar by the end of the month. Anyhow, did you click and vote yet?
  2. Click here to fame-vote the Electronic Village. If you think that the first few months of our blog have been worthy ... we would love to have your vote in this contest!
Thank you in advance for your consideration ... and thanx again to those of you that have already voted for me in both places already! Please let me know in the comments section below how I can return the favor!

10 comments:

harleyblues said...

Just a drive by with a friendly Hello ...

Peace in the neighborhood

all my best

harleyblues/christina

Saboma said...

Villager, you are doing fantastic at BTF. Just remember though, the contest will not be over until November. Anything can happen between now and then.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings

Also, I have been meaning to tell you, (please don't misunderstand this observation)that the photo you chose in the members area is a very handsome looking photo.

Good luck to us all, Villager!

*Hugs*

Villager said...

HarleyBlues - Thank you very much for the friendly hello. It is a great way to start out my day!

Saboma - Thank you for the compliment on the photo. Also for the news that the contest goes until November. I didn't realize it went on for so long. For some reason I thought it would end in the next few week.

peace, Villager

Jamie said...

Villager,

I would gladly vote for you, but it requires registration with what is obviously not a U.S. site requesting way too much information. So I'm afraid you will have to do without me.

Villager said...

Jamie - Understood. I appreciate you taking time to visit us directly anyhow!

peace, Villager

Iya said...

Wayne,
How do I vote for your blogs. I clicked "FAME IT! but don't know if that was it. Also do i have to be a blogger to vote? Iya

Villager said...

Iya - Yes, I think you need to have a blog or a website in order to cast your fame-vote. You would need to 'register' for the contest in order to do so. Does Westminster have a website?

Saboma said...

Villager, if I may say, anyone can register to vote. It isn't just for us bloggers. Registration is a necessity, though.

I don't understand the problem that most are having with registering. Doing so, protects our information and keeps the contest somewhat honest.

Be sure to look at the rules of this contest in the upper left hand column on the home page. There you will find everything there is to know about it.

Also, Villager, please set up an account with MyBlogLog
Most of us are hanging out there. Come join us, k?. It is where we are getting to know one another better.

Hope to see ya there, Villager.

coach said...

You have been famed by this rather pale skinned "villager" from Down Under. Good luck

Villager said...

Saboma - Thank you for the explanation on registration. Hopefully Iya and Jamie will see the new information that you've provided for us on the process.

Coach - Asante sana!

peace, Villager