May 8, 2011

Sunday Inspirations: Heaven Waits For Me (Chandra Currelley-Young)

Chandra Currelley
I guess I should start by saying that I'm not a big fan of Tyler Perry. I admire his entrepreneurial ability ... but, his movies often appear to be unnecessarily harsh against the image of African American men. I've never gone to a Tyler Perry play in my life and I've only attended his movies when others in my life suggested it. Earlier today my younger daughter suggested that the two of us go see Perry's current movie, 'Big Happy Family'.

I took her up on the offer.

The movie had scenes that were funny and other scenes that were tragic and brought a tear to your eye. I can't say that I would recommend the movie to others.


However, the most memorable moment of the film to me was Chandra Currelley-Young. She sang the following song towards the end of the movie and it blew me away.






It is Mother's Day today. I thought of my mother as this song was being played. Anyhow, the song inspired me today. I hope you enjoyed it as well.

This blog will continue to seek out Sunday Inspirations, a meme inspired by Sojourner's Place. Sunday Inspirations is just one way to help get us through the week ahead, the trials we may face, and yes, to say 'Thank You Jesus' and testify! I invite you to participate in this weekly meme as your contribution might serve as an inspiration to someone in need.

1 comment:

Harry Seo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.