In order to spread the love to others that are worthy, I am giving the Blogging Star award to the following bloggers:
- Field Negro - This blog recently won 2007 Black Weblog award. Field isn't much for these memes and such. However, his AfroSpear blog uses both humor and creativity to make a point. He is a daily read for me. I share this award in the hopes it will drive more traffic to this worthy blog.
- Eddie Griffin (BASG) - This AfroSpear blog is focused on supporting those that want to make a difference for Black boys in the educational and judicial systems of our country. Bro. Griffin's personal history is an inspiration in and of itself. This is a brother experienced in many negative aspects of Black life in America, however, he uses his blog to help and uplift his people. He deserves this informal blogging award.
- Modern Musings - This blog facilitates grassroots intelligence gathering, works toward a better world through information and action, and remembers to lighten up and have fun. Danielle was the first blogger to notice that the existence of the Electronic Village. Her willingness to share blogging insights and encouragement to me in the early weeks of my blogging career were invaluable. I'm pleased to be able to present her with this award.
- Black Threads - This blog has a unique niche. Sis. Kyra shines the light on Black quilters all around the world. In addition, it was Kyra that told me about blogging in the first place. She informed me about Blogger and I started my blog that same day. I am glad to provide her blog with this recognition.
- It's A Blog Eat Blog World - Morgen is the creative genius behind a number of weekly memes that demonstrate both creativity and information. The Electronic Village regularly participates in Manic Monday and Wordless Wednesday. Morgen is an experience blogger who shines his light widely. As such, it is with honor that we share this award with him.
Villagers, do you have any thoughts on these five blogs that you care to share with us?