August 27, 2008

Premio Brillante Award



Lady Deborah (My Brown Eyed View) presented our blog with the 2008 Premio Brillante Weblog Award. She wrote, "This blog keeps me inspired and focused on the important matters of the day. Villager is actively working within the blogosphere and in real time to bring about change."

My mom would call me "brilliant" when I was a young villager. I guess all parents pump up their children with such praise. Anyhow, the word "brilliant" retains a special place in my heart. As such, I'm very proud to earn this blogger award!


The rules for the 2008 Premio Brillante Award are simple enough:
  • Add the logo of the award to your blog
  • Link to the blogger who awarded it to you
  • Give it to at least 7 other blogs
  • Link to those blogs
  • Leave a comment for your nominees on their blogs
There are a number of remarkable blogs out in the world. Here are seven blogs that are not widely known. They bring it hard and strong on a regular basis. I hope you take a moment to visit each of these award winners.
  1. BlackCynic America - This young brotha is laugh-out-loud funny and insightful in his comments on the presidential election, Beijing Olympics and the entertainment world. Methinks he will be a new member of The AfroSpear in the very near future.

  2. Black On Campus - I love blogs that have a unique niche. One such blog is run by Dr. Ajuan Mance. She is an associate professor of English and Mills College in Oakland, CA and the creator of Twilight and Reason: Higher Education and the African American Experience. For her, literature, history, and higher education are passions bordering, at times, on obsessions. I encourage all villagers to take a moment to enjoy the uplifting and educational posts on this blog.

  3. Black Threads - I was inspired by the story of Michelle Obama and her older brother. As such, I want all villagers to visit this blog owned & operated by my younger sister. She is an internationally-recognized expert on African American quilts and quilters. She is an inspiration for me and others in our family.

  4. Mrs. Grapevine - I have never met this sister. I'm not a big fan of gossip blogs. However, it is clear that Mrs. Grapevine has musical taste and a soul that is very similiar to my own. As such, I find myself enjoying her blog posts and her comments. I encourage all villagers to check out her self-titled blog!

  5. The Black Tech Report - This blog provides a daily dose of technology. The stated mission for this blog is to be a voice where there has not been one. To bring real information to individuals, and businesses where there has not been great information. To encourage, empower, and advise people on past, present, and the future of technology.

  6. The 'D' Spot - The “D” Spot is all about Detroit as seen through the ever-watchful eyes of two Detroiters - husband and wife - who have experienced their city in very different ways. I have been following Keith's insights on a city that I called home for 8 years. Detroit is going through challenging times. I invite all villagers to look at it from an insider's perspective. It helps that Keith's writing style is outstanding!

  7. The Happy Go Lucky Bachelor - I don't have one of those widgets that tracks the villagers who leave the most comments. If I did than Mike would be at the top of the list. Mike has been very supportive of my blog. In return, I share this blog award with him for the creative nature of his eclectic blog. His blog requires you to use critical thinking skills and to have a very big sense of humor!

What do you think about our seven choices for this Premio Brillante Award?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU VILLAGER!

Reverend Lutionary Church Leader said...

I enjoy your blog!
www.reverendlutionary.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Keith - You've earned it young brotha! Your writing style is unique and powerful. I'm just glad that you came back after your brief hiatus. Anyhow, I hope you share the award with 7 others...

Pastor Wilson - Today is my first day visiting your blog. I enjoy the vibe very much and I appreciate your praise. As an aside, your blog will be featured in post scheduled for publication tomorrow morning. Turns out that you are the 1400th blog added to my Black Blog Rankings! You may want to visit www.technorati.com and claim your blogs if you have time or inclination...

Anonymous said...

Villager,

God bless you for calling me young...

And I most definitely plan to share the wealth with that award ASAP.

Thanks again!

SjP said...

Congrats Villager! I'm fami;iar with a couple of your selections. Will have to check out the others - I'm sure they're great!

Black on Campus said...

Many thanks for this award. I appreciate the recognition. Black history of higher is a passion for me. I'm glad my foray into this field resonates with others.

Unknown said...

Ajuan - Just keep doing what you're doing! I look forward to seeing which 7 folks you will share this award with next!

clnmike said...

Thanks for the show of love partner, the blogs that are interesting always have me coming back.

Old School Fridays said...

Thanks, I'm happy to be in the mix...

Unknown said...

Sojourner - I think you will enjoy most, if not all, of the blogs on this list. I sought out some bloggers that aren't as well known in the afrosphere...

Mike & Mrs. Grapevine - Just keep doing what you do! I look forward to seeing who you share the award with next!