December 30, 2007

Thoughtful Blogger Award

AJ, over at Over Analyze It shared this award with the Electronic Village while noting that we "...have made it a point to respond to comments posted on their blogs and are tolerant of those with dissenting positions (most of the time... lol). I think they all rock!"

It’s called the Thoughtful Blogger Award, and it was originally created by Christy (Writer’s Reviews). The award is for those

"who answer blog comments, emails, and make their visitors feel at home on their blogs. For the people who take others feelings into consideration before speaking out and who are kind and courteous. Also for all of those bloggers who spend so much of their time helping other bloggers design, improve, and fix their sites. This award is for those generous bloggers who think of others."
It is in that spirit that I share The Thoughtful Blogger Award with:

  1. Paula Mooney's Tips - Paula willingly shares tips with any blogger interested in learning more about the secret underbelly of the blogging business.
  2. What About Our Daughters - Gina doesn't suffer fools lightly ... but, she makes herself available via her blog, Blogging While Brown conferences and blog radio shows. It has been a pleasure watching this sister rise in the ranks of influential bloggers ... while maintaining her willingness to communicate with the rest of us less talented bloggers
  3. Black Women in Europe - Adrianne is helpful in the administration of a growing network of Black bloggers known as The AfroSpear. In addition, she is an advocate for all issues that impact upon people of African descent in the diaspora. It is a pleasure watching her blog grow in influence on the international scene.
  4. plezWorld - Plez is another Black blogger in The AfroSpear who willingly volunteers to help with some of the administrative duties necessary to move us forward. More importantly, he is a brother willing to blog and comment on a wide variety of issues and topics.
I hope that these brothers and sisters accept this award in the spirit of Umoja with which they are given.

6 comments:

plez... said...

Wayne,

thanks for sharing the award with me... i just do what i do! *smile* since i don't blog to win awards, when they happen, i am that more grateful for being recognized for doing something that i love... thank you!

plez...

Unknown said...

Plez - You've earned it. I hope you'll take a moment to share it with other blogger(s) that you deem worthy.

g-e-m2001 said...

WOW!

Thank YOU!

It is always nice to be recognized by a fellow blogger. I love what I do and it is good to occasionally look up and step back. Thanks a bunch!

I am glad someone thinks I am thoughtful. I wonder sometimes. This made my day.

Have y'all registered for Blogging While Brown. Early Bird registration ends November 1st

I hope to see everybody there.

Martin Lindsey said...

Great list. Hey Villager would you mind doing a post on how to conduct a meme or if you've already written it what's the link to the old post? I know, you've explained it once, maybe twice, but I may be ready to actually follow up on one or two that I've been invited to participate in now that I have a little more blogging time on my hands.

I'm also going to try something else. It's meme-like but I don't think it really is. I call it a group viral post. I'll intentionally invite folks like you and Plez and Gina for instance to comment on a post and I'll ask you guys to ask two or three others to do a targeted comment response to it.

It's not to manipulate traffic rankings for my benefit or anything. That will be a natural by-product of everyone's involvement. I'd just like a bunch of other people's opinion on somthing that's really been irking me lately. Waddaya think? Ever heard of this type of thing in blog-world?

Unknown said...

Gina - You've earned the recognition. This isn't the BEST BLOG IN THE WORLD award that you rec'd from the Black Blog Awards earlier this year ... but, it is definitely from the heart.

I'm not sure if you're interested .. but, I'm tracking the top Black Blogs in the world. Currently there are over 380 blogs on the list. Your blog (WAOD) is at #16 and rising! Your other blog (Blogging While Brown) is at #186 on the list.

Unknown said...

Martin - I'm not a meme expert. You can probably learn about them best by simply doing a google search. I do know that like most things you are better off CREATING one as it drives traffic to your sight. I figure that The AfroSpear will create a meme or award of some sort in the future. It hasn't been part of the discussion to date.

re: your viral post/comment idea. I would be honored to participate.

For what it's worth, your blog (MartyBLOGS) is currently #159 on the list of Black Blogs. That is out of over 380 blogs currently being tracked.