February 18, 2007

Blog Rush Used to Drive More Village Traffic

We recently redesigned the Electronic Village in the hopes that we can attract more villagers. I'm no different than most of you in that I like to know that people are reading my blog. Therefore, I am interested in this new service called Blog Rush. I have seen a great deal of blogs talking about this service in the past few days.

I think that this is a widget worth exploring. I hope that all bloggers in the afrosphere will give it a try. This Blog Rush widget attempts to promote your blog on other relevant blogs. Basically, this is a little widget that you put on your sidebar that displays posts others have written on their blogs (related to your blog’s content). Each time the widget displays you earn a ‘credit’ which means that a recent headline from your own blog will be displayed on someone else’s blog. If your blog gets 69 page views a day your headline will be displayed 69 times on other people’s blogs.

Not only that - they have a referral system so that if another blogger signs up to Blog Rush after clicking through to it from your widget you’ll get credits each time that the referral blog shows the widget. The referral system goes 10 tiers deep - so you can potentially get ALOT of credits.

I guess this is the time to remind you that there is no money changing hands. Blog Rush is free to participate in and you can opt out at any point. Here are some cool features that are worth noting as you decide what to do:
  • Attempt at Relevancy - they show headlines on your blog that are relevant to your content.
  • Filters - you can filter out any keyword that you want and any URL that you don’t want to display on your blog.
  • Multiple Blogs - you can split the spread of your credits among multiple blogs (ie if you have two blogs you can enroll with both). I added it to my other blog as well.
Anyhow, I've decided to give it a try. In fact, I've placed the widget in prime real estate on the right-hand navigation bar. I hope that the links are relevant. I decided that our village is primarily a 'political' blog. I didn't see another category that fit us better.

6 comments:

Woozie said...

I don't know, I haven't been here too long, but I don't think "Fiesta Patrias" has much to do with politics.

Paris David said...

Hey Wayne -
Thank you so much for the shout out!

Paula

Unknown said...

Woozie - You got a point! (smile). Although I had never seen that woman's blog before. She has an interesting perspective on life and I enjoyed the posting.

Paula - I guess you mean the TOP TEN BLACK BLOGGERS post, huh? You earned it l'il sista!

peace, Villager

Anonymous said...

I don't think you should be using this trash widget, Wayne. Today you had a title about an adorable "strap on" in those links. Totally irrelevant.
Some other spam sites were there too. GRRRRR!

Unknown said...

Mig - Thank you for the feedback. I'm giving it a 2-week trial run. Your feedback impacts on the final decision that we'll be making on or about 9/30/07.

I hope you are wearing all black today!

peace, Villager

Unknown said...

Blog Rush is now out of business -- http://www.myphillynetwork.com/content/blogrush-calls-it-quitswhy