February 8, 2007

BDPA New Jersey

I am an active member of BDPA. BDPA is an organization focused on supporting career advancement of African Americans in the IT industry from the 'classroom to the boardroom'. As such, I'll often share updates on BDPA with those Villagers that come to visit this blog over the coming weeks, months and years.

Today, I was proud to see the unveiling of a new website in cyberspace to market our BDPA New Jersey chapter.

BDPA New Jersey chapter is led by a brother named Donald Brown. The chapter founded in Sept 1980 is renowned for its strong and consistent leadership over the past decade. Folks like Irma Pittman, Coram Rimes, Darin Wright, Robert Trewick, K'ren Moorman and others have consistently delivered quality programs and services for the IT professionals in their state. The chapter currently sits as the 15th largest chapter in the nation (out of 54 total chapters).

I encourage you to visit their website ... and feel free to share your comments to this post on your thoughts about BDPA or the BDPA New Jersey chapter website. I'm especially in hearing from those BDPA members & supporters that may be reading this blog!

1 comment:

Paris David said...

Hi Wayne!

Wonderful blog.

Yes, during my years working in the IT dept. I didn't encounter a ton of blacks, so it's good you're bringing us together!

Please consider turning on the email subscription option in Feedburner for your blog:

Paula Mooney: Jason, Kelly and a red drop-top Ferrari 348 Spider...

I'd like to have your blog posts emailed to me each time you update so I won't forget.

Thanks and have a blessed day,
Paula