July 7, 2009

Judith Hill: Mystery Singer at the Michael Jackson Memorial

I'm the same age as Michael Jackson. As such, I don't keep up with the current generation of singers. I had to use twitter to get the identity of a couple of the performers at Michael Jackson's memorial. However, nobody could tell me about the young Asian singer who sang lead on "Heal the World".

It turns out that the mystery singer was Judith Hill, a Pasadena, California-based vocalist who was recruited to be one of the backup singers for Jackson’s This Is It! concerts at London’s O2 Arena.





Methinks that she won't be a back-up for much longer!

3 comments:

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hey there!

She was a beautiful lady with lots of talent and it's wonderful that the Jacksons allowed some singers to receive worldwide exposure at this memorial instead of creating a star-studded affair...

Michael would have loved that...

It was sooo cute when the little 10 year old who sang a solo said, "I just love Michael Jackson!!" Spoken like a true fan.

msladyDeborah said...

I was wondering who she was. The woman has a powerful voice. And she sang her face off.

Unknown said...

BWBTT and Lady D - I guess that I hit a nerve with the blog post. My daily visits yesterday were 3 times usual average and the focus was this post. I hope that Ms. Hill's career continues to grow. She definitely took advantage of her opportunity ... and I thought she did it with grace.