August 14, 2008

Village Resolutions: Financial Goals


Often we wait until New Year's Eve to make resolutions on important life goals. I was thinking it might be good to review our resolutions throughout the year. One of the major goals that all villagers should consider is:



Set Specific Financial Goals

Think about any unusual expenses you may incur or big-ticket items you need to purchase in the coming months. Start saving for such items now, not when it's time to pay the bill. This is as good a time as any to set an annual savings goal, such as ten percent of your salary.

Do you have financial goals in place? What say u?

2 comments:

Zhana21 said...

Very nice post. It is so important to plan and save for our expenses - and our dreams.

Unknown said...

Zhana - I'm witness to the need to get our financial house in order if we ever hope to acheive our financial dreams. I have a half-hearted budget on my Quicken software ... but, I need to do much better about living it!