January 13, 2007

BDPA


Hotep! This is my first attempt to create a blog. I must admit that I am experimenting. As such, I welcome and all suggestions or insights that you might share. I do hope that we have a regular flow of visitors to our Electronic Village. Time will tell.

In any case, one of my passions is working with a group of African American IT professionals in a national association known as BDPA. I have been very active with BDPA since joining in 1989. I served from 1999-2001 as the president of BDPA Cincinnati chapter. Our chapter won the prestigious BDPA Chapter of the Year award for work performed in 2000-2001 under my leadership. I served as the National BDPA president-elect in 2002-2003 and National BDPA president in 2004-2005. Currently, I sit on the national board as the immediate past president.

In July 2006, I took on the challenge of serving as the executive director of the BDPA Education & Technology Foundation (BETF). BETF is the fundraising arm for BDPA on a national level ... inclusive of the 54 local chapters. We raise funds through grants, raffles, events and so forth. This is a new challenge and I look forward to learning more about it.

I have been a part of the BDPA family for almost 20 years. I hope that we can talk about it over the coming weeks and months here in the Electronic Village.

No comments: