January 2, 2011

Is Anyone Better Than Denzel Washington?

I saw a Denzel Washington interview earlier today. It dawned on me that this is a truly talented man who has a tremendous legacy in the movie business. He has acted or directed over 40 movies. I suspect that most villagers are familiar with his work over the years.

Who doesn't remember the Harlem speech in Malcolm X where Denzel says,
Oh, I say and I say it again, ya been had! Ya been took! Ya been hoodwinked! Bamboozled! Led astray! Run amok!





Of course, Denzel didn't win the Oscar for his powerful role in Malcolm X. Instead he was honored for one of his most evil characters from movie called 'Training Day'.





In recent years Denzel began to direct as well as act. One of my favorite Denzel movies of all time is 'The Great Debaters'.





Do you have a favorite Denzel Washington movie?

2 comments:

Kyra said...

It's not a favorite, per se, but it is memorable... For Queen and Country (1989). It's a British film.

Unknown said...

Kyra - I recall that movie, however I haven't seen it for a long time. I guess I will add it to my Netflix queue or see if it is available at local library.