January 22, 2011

MSNBC Cancels Countdown with Keith Olbermann

Keith Olbermann gave his final comment as the host of "Countdown With Keith Olbermann" tonight. It appears that Olbermann and MSNBC "have ended their contract". My understanding is that the two parties agreed to end the current 4-year contract. I guess the fact that MSNBC suspended Olbermann a few months ago should have been a clue that everything wasn't hunky-dory on the "Countdown" set.





I enjoyed Keith Olbermann's show. More accurately, I used to enjoy the first 20 minutes of the show. I thought that he gave some insightful looks at the political shenanigans of the day. The last 40 minutes of the show seemed to be more political humor than political analysis ... so I didn't care for that portion of the show as much.

What will be your lasting memory of Keith Olbermann and his MSNBC show?

2 comments:

Old School Fridays said...

An hour was too much for Olbermann, but I hate to see him go. His words and use of language I will miss. They should have gave him and Rachel Maddow half hour shows. I like Maddow, but I can only listen to her for so long, then she's just preachy. Why is she yelling at me, I agree with her.

Unknown said...

Mrs. Grapevine - I actually like Rachel Maddow. She and Chris Matthews are my favorite MSNBC political commentators. I don't much care for any of the new folks that have come on board in recent months -- (Ed, Larry or Dylan).

Of course, my favorite MSNBC commentator is on during the daytime -- Andrea Mitchell.

I've seen some bloggers pondering whether Olbermann will be replaced by a Black commentator. I wonder if it could happen?