June 29, 2008

Bill Clinton to Barack Obama: 'Kiss My Ass'

Bill Clinton is the only person that I ever voted for who actually got elected into the presidency. Ronald Reagan, George H. Bush and George W. Bush each held office without my vote or support. Bill Clinton won the office twice with my vote. As such, he has been a political hero for most of my adult life.

Therefore, I am truly sad to see how bitter he is about Barack Obama's victory over his wife. We're told that Bill Clinton wants Obama to beg for his wholehearted support in the upcoming presidential campaign.

Bill Clinton is having a difficult time understanding that his star within the Democratic Party is setting. The Telegraph says that Clinton's rage is still so great that even loyal allies are shocked by his patronizing attitude to Obama.

In fact, a senior Democrat who worked for Mr Clinton has revealed that he recently told friends Mr Obama could "kiss my ass" in return for his support. The source said, "He's saying he's not going to reach out, that Obama has to come to him. One person told me that Bill said Obama would have to quote kiss my ass close quote, if he wants his support."

A second source said that the former president has kept his distance because he still does not believe Mr Obama can win the election.

For his part, Bill Clinton last week issued a tepid statement, through a spokesman, in which he said he "is obviously committed to doing whatever he can and is asked to do to ensure Senator Obama is the next president of the United States."

It has long been known that Mr Clinton is angry at the way his own reputation was tarnished during the primary battle when several of his comments were interpreted as racist. But his lingering fury has shocked his friends. Another source told the Telegraph: "He has been angry for a while. But everyone thought he would get over it. He hasn't."

Hillary Clinton appears to have accepted the voice of the people. She recognizes that the best chance for her party to retake the White House is to unite with Barack Obama over the next four months of campaigning. Bill Clinton appears to be tone deaf on this matter. Clinton is showing himself to be a mean and petty person ... not a world-class leader. Hopefully his wife or his daughter will help him see the light.

Right now, Clinton appears to be wrong. However, I'm hopeful that we will see more photos in the future of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama standing together. What say u?

10 comments:

Kristin said...

I can truly say that I am not surprised. Clinton is bitter this was their chance to write history once again and an upstart named Barack Obama stepped in the way. I truly believe that Obama will not need the assistance of Clinton as much as Clinton thinks he will. The country Republican, Democrat, and Independent are ready to unit behind one candidate to change the disastrous course we are upon now.

clnmike said...

It is probably in Obama's best interest not to have Bill Clinton on his band wagon.

No one can motivate the Republicans to kill somebody like he can.

But you would think he would be the one french kissing some butt considering how he made a complete fool out of himself this go around.

I still hold out hope for these two fools called Clintons, nobody knows how to take it to the streets like they do.

Unknown said...

Jazzy - I have to agree about not being surprised at Clinton's reaction. All too often it seems that white folks have a feeling of 'entitlement' that brings them to state of rage when they 'lose' something to a Black person for which they felt 'entitled'. I imagine this is part of what Clinton is feeling...

Mike - Hillary appears to realize that her future is more tied to Obama than her husband at this point...

SjP said...

Villager, you are the eternal optimist...like that in ya!

Marvalus said...

(((heavy sigh)))

It really is too bad that Bill can't see the big picture...he has truly disappointed me during this whole thing...and I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, thinking that he was doing this all for his wife, but I think it has more to do with his own ego. He can't blame that on Barack though; he is the one that went out and said all the sh** he said...when you put stuff out there like that, it is bound to come back and bite you in the a**...

It's a shame...

AAW said...

What's wrong with Bubba? Come on! I know it's hard to swallow since you haven't lost an election in almost three decades (28 years to be exact) but come on! We're talking about your legacy here.

Unknown said...

Sojourner - Yes, I try to be optimistic. BTW, thank you very much for the 'much obliged' award (more later)...

Marvalus & AAW - I agree that Clinton has been showing his ass over the past few months. However, I do think that it is important for Obama to get this thing fixed between him and Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton is still hugely loved by many Americans especially in those 'Bubba' areas of the country...

Unknown said...

I guess I didn't exactly expect Bill Clinton to utter those words, but I suppose he is human and capable of saying even worst things. The problem I have with this is that I think he seems to have forgotten when he first ran for the presidency. It was a campaign that was fraught with scandals and allegations of a whole myriad of indiscretions. He wanted a unified party and he got one. His actions are so unprofessional and reinforces the claim made by many that he and Hillary Clinton thought they were entitled to the nomination, which has proven to be further from the truth. Though it would be terrific if Bill Clinton campaigned for Obama, I don't think it will be the deathknell to his campaign if he doesn't. Quite frankly, I would steer clear of Bill Clinton because it seems as though his wife could not control him.

TTown said...

I am an Ivy Leaque educated African American from Arkansas who was once proud of President Clinton and held him in high regard_ even buying into him being admitted to the Arkansas Black/African American Hall of Fame as "America's First Black President". But his actions, comments and attitudes regarding Barack Obama are truly disheartening. His and Senator Clinton's comments are both racist and threatening ( the assassintion comments and the South Carolina comments). His " I am not a racist comment...I have an office in Harlem" is comparable to the "I have black friends' justification that many caucasians use. I did not need the Press to form my opinion that when push comes to shove and one's own interest are not met or being threatened that people with power still have a paternalistic attitude regarding Race in America. But I am also extremely surprised and like Michelle Obama extremely proud of the countless Americans of all races who have supported Mr. Obama, not by the color of his skin but by what he represents for all Americans_ a change in direction in the best tradition of JFK and Martin King. Maybe we will get to the Mountain Top in November. Rather than be like Moses, I would pray that Bill Clinton gets there with us

Unknown said...

Janet - My dream scenario for this election is that Democrats get a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate as well as a substantial majority in the house. I'd like to see Democrats win governorships and state senate seats. In other words, I'm looking for a tsunami-election in favor of Obama. To do so, he needs everything to click ... including full and unfettered support from Bill Clinton...

TTown - First and foremost, thank you for sharing your village voice with us. I hope you find reason to come back often. Your analysis of the situation with Bill is a good one. Like you, I hope that Bill Clinton gets his mind right...