|Dr. Randal Pinkett|
Event Date: February 28, 2011
Event Time: 5:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Click Here to RSVP
Join Randal D. Pinkett, PhD, MBA, and leaders in philanthropy, education, community building, and social entrepreneurship as they discuss strategies for Black men and boys to "redefine the game" at work, at home, and in their communities. The event is hosted by the Open Society Campaign for Black Male Achievement, in partnership with the Association of Black Foundation Executives, the 21st Century Foundation and the Schott Foundation for Public Education Black Male Donor Collaborative.
In their book Black Faces in White Places, authors Randal D. Pinkett and Jeffrey Robinson seek to answer the question "What happens once you break past the glass ceiling?" Based on interviews with dozens of prominent African Americans and the authors' considerable experiences in business, in the public eye, and in the minority, the book offers 10 "game-changing strategies" for learning, playing, mastering, and redefining the game for the current generation. Ultimately, it is about changing the very concept of success itself.
- Nicole Sharpe, Director, Schott Foundation for Public Education Black Male Donor Collaborative (moderator)
- Susan Taylor Batten, President/CEO, Association of Black Foundation Executives
- Chandra Anderson, Interim President, 21st Century Foundation
- Roger Blissett, Managing Director, US Strategy, RBC Capital Markets
- Michael Lewis, Member, Hunter College's Black Male Initiative Program