September 6, 2007

New Blog Design for Electronic Village

Our first post here on the Electronic Village was on January 13. It is eight months later. We decided it was time to complete our first major web design. I expect that the elders of our village will immediately note the changes ... most notably the new header ... complete with rhino, African landscape and the omnipresent rhino! Some of you noticed that we went from 2-column design to 3-column design a few weeks ago. It helped us place more information on our blog, however, our village was looking mighty crowded.

Over the past few weeks I noticed some very unique blog designs as I visited others in the Manic Monday and Wordless Wednesday memes. That is where I first came across se7en of BlogsGoneWild. I shared my vision of the Electronic Village with se7en. He took my words and created a remarkable design that should allow us room to grow over the coming months. He also shared some SEO tips that I will be implementing in the near future.

Villagers, now is time for you to share your thoughts. Your candid comments help us make this blog better for all villagers. What else can we do to improve our blog?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowie, this new look of yours is absolutely stunning! Se7en is absolutely brilliant, isn't he? I'd give most anything to have three columns with the blogskin he also created at my place.

Congratulations, Villager! The new look here is quite handsome and easy on the eyes.

*Hugs, Kiddo!*

Unknown said...

Saboma - Se7en is outstanding! Have you asked him about 3-column look?

peace, Villager

Rethabile said...

Nice. Bravo on a job well done.

Muze said...

hey! loving the new look! it's fantabulous!

Unknown said...

Rethabile & Muze - Asante sana! You've both been blogging for a while now. What is the single best advice that you could share with another blogger?

peace, Villager

Edward Padgett said...

Very nice changes.

Danielle said...

I really like the lines. That little bit of brown around your text is a good contrast to the black background. The header is excellent. The three column look will definitely be useful since you have been providing such interactive widgets in the sidebars.

Though I must say that regardless of the look of the village it is it's content that keeps me engaged, it just looks more attractive now.

Great work my friend,

Didja get the link I sent via email about Jena 6 and BraveNewFilms?

As always....

maryt/theteach said...

Villager, beautiful look! I love it!

Derrick said...

Everything is dope Wayne. Though I probably prefere the warm earth tone feel of the previous design. But change can be good.

Believer said...

I'm not a fan of 3 columns, but you sure have pulled it off. Furthermore, the rhino and scene in the bloghead are magnificent. Good to be here!

katherine. said...

it really is nice.

might need to contact se7en....

Unknown said...

Ed and Teach - Asante sana!

Danielle - I rec'd both messages. Just trying to find time to do everything ... including the billable hours for my bizness! Thank you for the candid feedback. I agree that content is king.

Yobachi - I feel you on the earthy tones of the standard template that I started out with from Blogger. I'm comfortable with the new (cleaner) look as I evolve this blog over the coming weeks and months.

Rosemarie - I enjoy having the rhino in the header (smile)! The 3-columns is important for my future vision (dream?) of monetizing this blog more than I've done to date.

Unknown said...

Katherine - It may take a while ... I had his name a few weeks ago ... it was only this week that I reached out to him. He made it remarkably easy. At first, I only wanted a new header. However, once I saw the quality of the header I realized that it wouldn't look good on a standard template ... so I went back and asked him to do the full re-design ... which is what we did. I highly recommend the guy!

peace, Villager

Yobachi said...

No doubt Villager, this is nice.

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone, I'm glad the redesign is a hit. Once I started reading the posts here I knew it deserved a more elegant backdrop that would look uncluttered and make it easier to read. It's always nice when your efforts are appreciated!

8)

Unknown said...

All - I guess that I need to take this thing to the next level and find my own domain...