September 15, 2007

Electronic Village Celebrates our 200th Post



I had no idea what I would do with this blog when I started it in January 2007. My sister inspired me with her niche blog on African American quilting. Electronic Village evolved over time with the help of our online community of villagers with an interest in creating a more connected world. Some of you remember our celebration of the 100th post back in May 2007.

Today, we invite everyone to introduce themselves and subscribe to the Electronic Village.

I suspect that our blog is motivated by the seven principles of Kwanzaa more than anything else. I'll need to expand upon that thought over the next 200 posts.

Anyhow, I thought this would be a good occassion to respond to the Archive Meme that I found from Danielle on Modern Musings. The Archive Meme rules are simple enough:

  • Link 1 must be about family.
  • Link 2 must be about friends.
  • Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are... what you're all about...
  • Link 4 must be about something you love
  • Link 5 can be anything you choose.
Post your five links and then tag five other people. At least TWO of the people you tag must be newer acquaintences so that you get to know each other better.... and don't forget to read the archive posts and leave comments! So villagers, here are my five links...

  1. About Family - I regularly share updates on my sister Kyra, however, I have not posted very much about my family here on the Electronic Village blog. For a hint on my family you need to visit the Electronic Village website.
  2. About Friends - The majority of my blog-related relationships have come from The AfroSpear. My most recent inspiration from these blogger friends led to a ranking of the Top Black Bloggers.
  3. About Me - This post revealed more of me than I first intended. Earlier I shared the five reasons that I blog.
  4. Something I Love - There aren't many things that I love. There are some people that I love including, Iya, Wayne Sr., Charles, Kyra, Iyisa, Nailah, Laura, Khalis and Shenita.
  5. Wild Card - Any excuse to see Serena is a good excuse in my book!
I tag five of the most prominent Black bloggers in the universe:

  1. Natasha E (Young, Black and Fabulous)
  2. Terrance Heath (The Republic of T)
  3. Steve Spalding (How To Split An Atom)
  4. Dame (Truth & Opinion)
  5. Earl Dunovant (Prometheus 6)
I am grateful to the 20,000+ villagers that have been here at one point or another since we began! I hope you enjoy the next 200 just as much...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Wayne!!!! I am so proud of you.

Carla - Hashiki!

Unknown said...

Carla - It has been an unusual ride. Good luck on your blog radio show tonight on the Jena, LA situation. Will you be going to Jena on Thursday?

peace, Villager

JD said...

Wayne, congratulations, you have worked hard and have a loud and important voice. I admire you

Foofa said...

Congratulations on your 200th post and continuing to be relevant throughout

Unknown said...

James - James, did you know Black in Business is up to #15 on the Top Black Blogs list! Anyhow, thank you for your kind words on our 200th post!

Natalie - It is great to see your face in the place! Your blog, Almost Interesting Musings on Life is up to #74 on the Top Black Blogs rankings!

peace, Villager

James Seay said...

Congrats on your recent milestone! I find your blog both refreshing and thought provoking. I look forward to the next 200 posts!

plez... said...

you have accomplished A LOT in a short amount of time... congrats on getting to 200 posts! keep up the good work... this is one of my favorite sites.

Unknown said...

James & plez - Thanx for the kind words. It has been a joy watching the Electronic Village evolve over the past few months. It should be an interesting ride...

peace, Villager

Anonymous said...

I'll get to your meme in a bit...I usually don't do that sort of thing. In fact, I've only responded to one in my four+ years with the blog.

I write about what I think is important so there's little on my blog about me.

Unknown said...

P6 - Two in five years has a nice ring to it (smile)! Seriously, it is your call...

peace, Villager

Unknown said...

All - Two years later and we're still going strong. Just passed the 1,700 post mark the other day...