- Deliver presentations or speeches - There are many organizations that need educational, entertaining, interesting or motivational speakers to talk with their members at monthly program meetings, annual conferences or special events. Are you making yourself available to be a presenter for these groups?
- Network - Make yourself available in the real world (not just social media outlets) to meet with your accountant, banker, colleagues, other professionals and even your competition. Attend professional meetings whenever possible. Get engaged in social events with your current or potential clients to have fun together.
- Join Organizations - It is important to get the word out about your business. Joining organizations allows you to become knowledgeable about other professions that may lead to new clients ... and it also helps you stay well-rounded and informed.
- Teach a Class - Many community colleges or vocational-technical schools in your area seek working professionals that can provide real-world experience to their students. These are opportunities to educate potential clients, build skills, offer hands-on experience or provide information. Use the soft sell during these classes or workshops to promote your business with brochures or business cards.
- Accept Pro-Bono Work - Providing work for clients who cannot afford your services is a way to give back to society and also to market yourself.
In the meantime, I will continue to share these Village Tips on a semi-regular basis!