November 26, 2011

2011 Power List of Black Women in Europe

Adrianne George
One of my favorite 'blogging kinfolk' is Adrianne George. She is the blog-mistress of Black Women in Europe (BWIE). One reason that I admire Adrianne is her willingness to create that which may not already exist. Her blog provides a forum for sharing news and information Nubian queens operating on the European continent. There aren't (m)any other forums with such a focus.

Last year (2010), the Black Women in Europe™ Blog released its first Power List naming 58 women across Europe in 6 categories.
"Last year’s list proved that there are countless numbers of amazing Black women in Europe very few people ever hear of," Adrianne explains. "I couldn’t wait to compile the 2011 list."
Adrianne followed up on the success of that list with a new one this year. The methodology for the 2011 list is straightforward. The 2011 list names 35 women in nine categories: Athletics, Entrepreneurship & Business, Law, Lifestyle, Literature, Media, Politics, Science and Social Activism. Winners include award winning authors, record making athletes, model philanthropists and outspoken activists. This list is intended to acknowledge powerful Black women in Europe and to inspire others to reach their full potential.


View the complete Black Women in Europe™: Power List 2011 – A List of Our Own© in a variety of formats:
I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I didn't know about any of the 35 powerful women of African descent on the 2011 BWIE Power List.  How many of them did you know before reviewing the list?

2 comments:

Black Women in Europe said...

As always, thank you for your support, Electronic Village. And trust me when I say that one reason I compile the list is because I do not know of these amazing women either, until I make a point of finding them.

Unknown said...

Adrianne - You keep creating the list and I'll keep touting the list to all 'villagers' that I can find!