I encourage all Villager to take a moment to download the report and recommendations being made by the Res Publica Team. More importantly, I hope you will take some time to click on the links below to follow the summary and photos of their six week journey:
- Context and Purpose of Trip
- Traveling in Darfur - Life Continuing Amidst the Scars of War
- Fatima's Story - A Window onto the Tragedy
- Getting to Know the Sudan Liberation Army
- Eritrea, Ethiopia, Chad - Meeting Political Leaders, African Union Staff and the Conflict in the East
- The Justice and Equality Movement
- Key Conclusions - Messages for Activists and the International Community
- General Map of Darfur - More Detailed Maps of Darfur, including Towns and Refugee Camps
Villagers, this post is part of In Solidarity: Global Day for Darfur called by Modern Musings and supported by A Political Season, Black and Missing But Not Forgotten, BlackPerspective.net, Black Women Vote, CEO Mum, Darfur: An Unforgivable Hell on Earth, Eddie G. Griffin, Electronic Village, Musings of the Night, My African Diaspora, Regina's Family Seasons, Slant Truth, Take Political Action, The Jose Vilson, Trav’s Thoughts, UltraViolet Underground, Vanessa Unplugged, What About Our Daughters and others.
Villagers, what is your take on the situation in Darfur? More importantly, what steps do you advocate for us to end the genocide in that part of the world?