We, as fathers, must demonstrate our ability to follow-up and execute principles of success that will ensure greatness and purpose in the lives and education of their children.
I've shared the Black Family Pledge with you in the past. Today, I share with you the Pledge for Fathers.
- I will take my children or a child to school and I will be at a school on the first day to encourage all children to do their best every day at school.
- I am responsible for the education of my child.
- I will volunteer at my child’s school three times this school year.
- I will pick up my child’s progress report or grade report when required.
- I will meet with my child’s teachers at least two times this year and support them in educating my child.
- I will teach my child the value of family as well as the value of education.
- I will work with my child’s mother to achieve the best academic and social outcomes for my child even if I do not live with my child.