February 7, 2010

Obama's Weekly Address: Opening Doors for Small Business

Reiterating once again his commitment to small business as the engine of our economy, the President urges Congress to move forward immediately on steps to help them expand and create jobs. These proposals include using $30 billion in TARP funds to create a new Small Business Lending Fund to provide capital to community banks to increase lending to small businesses, offering a new tax credit for over one million small businesses that hire new workers or raise wages, and providing targeted support for the most innovative small businesses with the potential to export new goods and products.




I own a small business. I'm hopeful that the intitiatives proposed by the president are converted into legislation that will impact on my business opportunities for the future.

What is your take on this week's message from President Obama?

2 comments:

kennyx6 said...

Wayne, Thanks again for providing this video. Its good to see President Obama working hard on issues that effect the country. I really hope and pray that he is successful.

Unknown said...

Kenny - I appreciate our POTUS for placing his weekly comments in video form as he has done since he came into office. Past presidents had a 'radio address' and I never knew which station it was on. This way I can listen/watch it at any point ... even if I didn't hear it live at the time President Obama gave it.

I hope that all Americans are praying for his success. If he is successful then our country is successful!