February 5, 2010

Old School Friday: Herbie Hancock


Old School Friday is a weekly meme that allows our minds to wander back to music from the last millennium. The theme this week is They Can't Talk, But They Sure Can Sing! To be honest, I don't have a clue what the theme is all about ... I will enjoy seeing how it is interpreted by others. I decided to focus on the 'they can't talk' part of the theme.

One of my favorite instrumental songs was created by Herbie Hancock back in 1984. In fact, he won a Grammy Award for his instrumental, Rockit. I hope you enjoy the flow.




What is your favorite Herbie Hancock joint? Or for that matter, do you have a favorite instrumental from back in the day?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice interpretation and good choice! Awesome song, the album cover used to give me nightmares but I still love the song!
Have an awesome weekend!

CCG said...

Herbie Hancock is one of my FAVES!!!

HAPPY OSF!!!

Unknown said...

Regina & CCGroovy - I'm heading over to see what you each dropped for this week's theme!

peace, Villager