Why? What the heck happened up there in New Hampshire?
- Women Voters - Obama won among women voters in Iowa. Clinton won bigtime among women voters in New Hampshire. I guess her emotional moment where she cried on television was a turning point for the women of New Hampshire. That moment ... scripted by Hillary or real? Personally, I think that she did it on purpose to get sympathy ... and it appears to have worked. Who knew?
- Bill Clinton - Yesterday, the media was portraying Bill Clinton as Boo-Boo the fool. Today he is a queen-maker. It appears that Bill Clinton is paying back his wife for his infidelities by doing whatever it takes, including being the attack dog on Obama. Bill Clinton ... who many of us referred to as the first Black president is now willingly taking regular potshots at a truly competitive Black presidential candidate. Do we miss the 1990s so much that we want a re-run in the White House?
- Young Voters - It looks like the youngsters in New Hampshire willingly came out to the campaign events ... but, apparently, some of them forgot to go vote. It feels like the young voters in New Hampshire were enjoying the tailgating party ... but, didn't buy a ticket to the dayum game itself!.
- Black Voters - Oh yeah, there weren't many in New Hampshire. There are plenty in South Carolina. Will brothers and sisters in South Carolina buy into the 'Yes We Can' motto of Barack Obama ... or will we follow the lead of Civil Rights era Blacks like John Lewis, Andrew Young and others.
- Bradley Effect - I lived in Los Angeles back when Tom Bradley ran for governor of California. The polls all indicated that he would win. However, on election night the victory went to George Deukmejian. White voters simply lied to pollsters. But Villager ... the polls called it right in Iowa ... Yeah, but Iowa was a caucus state and you had to stand up in front of a crowd ... so your inner race-based fears of the Blackman can't show itself as easily as it can when it's just you behind the voting booth curtain.
What do you think? Why did the air come out of the Barack Obama balloon in the New Hampshire primary? Did racism begin to poke its head out from the voting booths in New Hampshire? Perhaps equally important ... what does this say about his chances in Nevada and South Carolina?