January 23, 2008

NAACP Legislative Report Card for 110th Congress


Drumbeats from NAACP Wichita Branch led us to NAACP Legislative Report Card for the 110th Congress.

I've questioned the relevance of the NAACP in the past. Well, I admit that publishing this comprehensive 28-page annual report is a very relevant action.

Today, I encourage all Villagers to take time to download and review this report. It is time for us to make educated choices about the incumbents that we need to re-elect and those that we need to boot out of office.

In any case, I would be interested your observations on the contents of this annual report. What surprised you? What encouraged you?

2 comments:

Woozie said...

I don't need to read that report. Congress failed-miserably-in every single aspect of their job, except for showing up, and even that I doubt they did with conviction.

If I could I'd throw out nearly every single one of them, but if I had to choose just one, it'd be Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi.*

They swooped into power with all these promises, playing on the people's emotions, and once they got in they didn't do a damn thing.

If Congress didn't do the whole of America any good, how could they possibly do black America any good?

*Yeah I picked two of them. So what? :)

Unknown said...

Woozie - Perhaps the strategy should be for us to find 60 senators and a working majority of House members that support our needs ... then elect them into office.

Thanx for sharing your thoughts on Pelosi and Reid. I agree that they have been disappointing.