November 2, 2008

'All Black People Should Die' Says White Man as He Plows His Car Into Young Black Woman


UPDATE: Thomas Cosby is the 56-year-old Port Orange man, charged this summer with two hate-crime felonies for running over a Black woman (see below). He has been declared mentally unable to proceed with his court case and is being committed to a state hospital. [SOURCE]



Villagers, it may take awhile for us to reach some post-racial era in America. There are still some neanderthals out in the world that harbor hatred for us simply because of the color of our skin.

Thomas Cosby is a white guy in Daytona Beach who intentionally ran down Nekedia Cato, a 25-year old woman, with his car last month because she is Black and then yelled "all Black people should die" and other racial slurs at the injured woman.





Cosby admitted to hitting Cato on purpose with his car and then calling her the N-word repeatedly after breaking her leg.

Witnesses said Cosby screamed, "These Black people need to die. Help me kill them. I saw her on the bike and went to take her out."

"I actually saw him coming toward me and I tried to move," Cato said from a hospital bed. "He came straight for me. If he could target me just because the color of my skin he could target anybody else. It could have been anybody else who was just riding or just walking. If I was walking I'd probably be dead right now."

Daytona police reports indicated that Cosby just had a breakup with his girlfriend who was involved in a relationship with a Black man. Police plan to charge Cosby under hate crime statutes as well as aggravated battery and simple battery.

"I don't have hate in my heart," Cato said. "I just wish he didn't hate me."

16 comments:

Kevin Andre Elliott said...

Sad, so sad.

Liz Dwyer said...

Can he get life in prison for this? I sure hope so. How totally insane.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

fk jones folk, im on Phillis Wheatley

deviousdiva said...

What can I say ? Just feeling extreme sadness that people could possible have such hatred in them.

AJ said...

It seems he would also be charged with attempted murder. SMDH

Tey said...

this man is devil.. very mean and no soul. Iwas thinking he is probably insane.. Hi Villager, happy new month
Ester's Daily Thoughts
Ester's Money Journal
Ester's Recollections

Prospector said...

We can be thankful that everyone isn't as sick as this guy.

He reminds me of a guy I was in the navy with in the sixties, we'd be in the tv lounge on the ship and he would scream Kill 'em , shoot 'em, kill 'em all, at the top lungs whenever the image of Black folks protesting or sitting in or rioting would come on, which was daily back then --- he meant it too.

Unknown said...

Kevin & DeviousDiva - Sad. One would hope that we were beyond this type of thing.

Los Angelista - I don't think that life-in-prison is on the table for this guy.

RDawg - I will head by to check out your post on Phyllis Wheatley...

AJ - Good point...

Tey - It has been awhile. Great to hear your village voice again. I hope that he is not insane. I don't want him to use that legality to get out of taking responsibility for his hateful action...

Prospector - Many people had hateful ideas way back then. Our hope is that our nation has grown since then...

RiPPa said...

Really?

Unknown said...

RiPPa - Just reporting the news...

Lisa Johnson said...

This story sends chills down my spine. Very scary.

Tafari said...

This guy is sick as hell!!! I am sure that he will be dealt with behind bars.

Hope that she recovers better & faster than expected.

Tafari

J said...

I fear that with an Obama victory that we will see more anti-black derangement

Unknown said...

Anali & Tariq - The good thing is that this guy was caught and that he is in custody with the legal system aligned against him. That is something that we didnt' see in the past. That is a good sign...

Tafari - I haven't seen any stories on the victim of this crime since it occured. I hope that she does recovers well...

Miriam said...

How terrible!

What are they so scared of? So hateful of???

Unknown said...

Miriam - In many cases, it is the evil things that they are taught and socialized to believe as young people. That is one of the best things about the Obama candidacy and (hopefully) presidency. Our hope is that his image will permanently change the way that white people look at Black people from this point forward...