November 15, 2009

Sunday Inspirations: When I Am Gone


I woke up this morning thinking about my Dad and my brother as they look down on their family from heaven. At some point I will sit side-by-side with them behind those pearly gates.


When I Am Gone
To those I loved and those who loved me

When I am gone, release me, let me go...
I have so many things to see and do.
You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears,
Be happy that we had so many years.

I gave you my love. You can only guess
How much you gave me in happiness.
I thank you for the love you each have shown,
But now it's time I traveled on alone.

So grieve awhile for me, if grieve you must.
Then let your grief be comforted by trust.
It's only for awhile that we must part.
So bless the memories that lie within your heart.

I won't be far away, for life goes on.
So if you need me, call and I will come.
Though you can't see me or touch me, I'll be near.
And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear
All of my love around you soft and clear.

And then, when you must come this way alone...
I'll greet you with a smile and a 'Welcome Home.'

No comments: