I came across this 10-part series of online seminars for recession-stressed entrepreneurs. The Foundation for the Advancement of Marketing Excellence in Entrepreneurs (FAMEE) helps small and medium sized companies improve how they grow profitable, sustainable, long-term customer revenue steams. They do this by providing free resources, training programs, and guidance to both entrepreneurs and consultants.
I've been operating my own business since July 2002. As such, there were a number of important learnings shared in this 10-part series. I thought it worthwhile to share with those entrepreneurs that follow my blog.
Curt Clinkinbeard developed this course for the FAMEE Foundation. Curt owns his own company, Strive Coaching. He is also the author of Customer Pillars.
Click here to see the Day 1 video.
The 8 marketing tips for recession-stressed entrepreneurs are:
- Keep your cool
- It's not the things you do that's different, but how well you do them
- Get close to your existing customers
- Resist the temptation to discount
- Look for opportunities to innovate
- Look for 'deals' to promote and expand
- Focus on what you can control (take a lesson from Alcoholics Anonymous)
- Be optimistic -- pessimism REPELS customers
My plan is to share the other nine parts of this online seminar over the coming days. I hope that you will take a moment to respond with your thoughts if you have time or inclination.