May 1, 2007

Kyra Hicks in the News

Many villagers know that I'm very proud of my sister. She is a powerful and positive spirit in our family.

One of her passions is documenting the history of African American quilters. In fact, she wrote a book called Black Threads. Her book and blog are considered valuable resources on the topic of African American quilting and quilters. I shared info on Kyra here in the Electronic Village before. My hope is that any of you with children have already checked out her second book, Martha Ann's Quilt for Queen Victoria.

We recently learned that Kyra is one of the few African American authors with a short story published by Amazon.com. Her story, The Liberian Flag Story & Love of Liberty Quilt can be dowloaded for $.49.

Anyhow, I see that a Florida poet, Geoffrey Philip, took the time to blog about my sister in a feature that he calls, 'Five Questions With Kyra Hicks'.

I just wanted to share the joy of our family with other villagers. Support her efforts if you have time or inclination!

2 comments:

Geoffrey Philp said...

Greetings!
I loved Kyra's book and her positive spirit shines through in her blog and in the book.
I wish her all the best and the same for you.

One Love,
Geoffrey

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful children's book. We're blessed to have such gifted writers who build pride and confidence in our children. Thanks for sharing.