December 7, 2008

New AfroSpear Member: daddyBstrong

We are pleased to let you know that Mac 'MacDaddy' Walton is a new member of The AfroSpear. His blog, daddyBstrong (BBR #1402), came online in April 2008. MacDaddy said, "I think I would contribute by bringing to the Black blogosphere a clear Black perspective and progressive viewpoint with respect politics and what we call race."

Walton continued, "I've been blogging, not only on current issues, but also issues that connect us to our history. I want to be a part of the AfroSpear because I don't just want to write on my own. I want to be a part of a network or alliance that welcomes my work ... I don't want to be a person who goes to other bloggers to argue or complain. I want to be supportive ... or just to say a few words just to let them know I'm reading them and they're not alone."

I encourage folks to check out daddyBstrong and welcome him to the AfroSpear!

8 comments:

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hey there Villager!

This is a wonderful announcement!

More powerhouse bloggers coming into AfroSpear!! YAAAAAAAY!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ MacDaddy

Congratulations to you, Mac! *hugs*
I love you!

Stand tall, black man, stand tall.

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

Unknown said...

Lisa - I like when you get excited (smile)! We had placed membership processes on hold for a few weeks. We are working the ones in the queue again. In the meantime, it is great to share the talents of MacDaddy with interested villagers...

J said...

Welcome aboard Mac! About to go over to your blog now

Unknown said...

Tariq - Are you getting the messages from the AfroSpear GG? If so, please note that as a Member you have a say in vouching or objecting to blogger-applicants.

In this case, I'm glad that MacDaddy's voice is part of our collective flow...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to MacDaddy, his is a powerful voice.

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

Villager: Thanks to you and all those who selected me to be a member of the AfroSpear. I promise to do my best in writing meaningful posts and being supportive of the AfroSpear and our causes and priorities as a people. Blessings.

p.s. Lisa, love your enthusiasm too.

Verna Monson said...

Congratulations! Well deserved. MacDaddy's unique blend of politics, poetry, and music history is not just entertaining, but thought provoking.

J said...

please note that as a Member you have a say in vouching or objecting to blogger-applicants.

@ Villager

Thanks for letting me know. I have been getting the message and I will keep that in mind.