December 17, 2008

Will You Join Barack Obama in Second Life?

I entered the Second Life virtual world last year. My time in that virtual world has been limited over the past year. I missed the fact that Obama extended his campaign into Second Life. I need to head back in and see whether his transition team is using Second Life as well.

Are there any villagers active in Second Life? What do you like about it? If you are not in Second Life ... do you plan to visit that virtual world in the near future?

5 comments:

SjP said...

Is this like the Sims? Intersting...very interesting. Think I might stay with Obama in the First Life but can't wait to hear updates from you (smile).

Chris Burgoyne said...

Can you imagine life like th Sims? I agree with SjP though - I'll ask for some feedback first! :-)

Frank @ Get Links

Unknown said...

Sojourners - I've never played Sims ... but, I suspect it is the same concept. The main difference is that Sims is a standalone (to my knowledge) computer game ... just you and your computer. Second Life has a kajillion folks all over the world in it ... it is truly a virtual world.

Frank - I imagine that there are some Second Lifers ~lurking~ in our village...

Gerri said...

WOW! Obama is delving deep into the virtual world. I have not been on second life and I dont think I will. All that I do online already takes up enough time and I do want to spend time with my wife and daughter.

Unknown said...

Gerri - Truth to tell, I have an SL account ... however, I haven't been online more than a few minutes over the past 6-7 months. I just never got good at it. However, I am interested in seeing if it can be used to market a professional association (BDPA) that I belong to... much like Obama used it during his election...