December 19, 2008

Old School Friday: Kurtis Blow


I invite you to enjoy some 'grown-folks music'! Ms Grapevine and MarvalusOne have teamed up to create a weekly meme that we call, Old School Friday. It is our effort to post some music from the last millennium to relive some memories and to educate or just entertain each other.

The theme this week is 'holiday songs'. Nat King Cole, The Whispers, Luther Vandross and others made beautiful music. I'm sure they will be featured by many OSF posts today. I decided to go in a different direction. How many of y'all remember Kurtis Blow? He was one of the original rappers back in the day and he had a very unique Christmas Rapping song that I used to enjoy. I thought I would share it with you today.



Did you sing along? Merry Christmas y'all!

12 comments:

Hagar's Daughter said...

Now that's a song I haven't heard in ages. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Sharnese LaNier said...

Merry Christmas to you! Thanks for taking me back-waaaay back to oleschool! Your twitter friend @easy6k

Unknown said...

Hagar's Daughter & Sharnese - The other song that I used to enjoy was the one about Momma kissing Santa Clause (smile)...

Flashynista said...

That use to be my jam...but what the heck is a steri-you??? LOL

Thembi Ford said...

Someone made a joke that Kanye West looks like Kurtis Blow and I've been waiting to hear this song ever since. Happy OSF!

Old School Fridays said...

Oh yeah. This is the jam. I use to love this song when I was little. I must confess I haven't heard it in a while I have to dust it off and bring it out.

Thanks for the song!

Merry Christmas Wayne. Enjoy the time with your family and a much needed break. God Bless!

SjP said...

I'd forgotten about this! Great pick!

Lou, Gladys, and Patti were my features on this Friday Before Christmas.

Pop Art Diva Enterprises said...

Wow, talk about pure Old School! I'd forgotten how rap used to sound "back in the day".

BTW, I love the picture you have up of your father and the Birthday message you posted.

Thanks for stopping by The PopArtDiva™ blog's OSF!!

plez... said...

did i rap along?

you know i did! *smile*

and if you'd like to jam to the 12" EP version, check it out here!

Hey Shae! said...

This was the jam back in the day. Kurtis Blow was one of my favorite rappers. I still break out with 'AJ' once in a while.

Unknown said...

LOL!! My second Kurtis Blow sighting for this theme! Great choice!

Tha Connoisseur said...

OMG!! Love the Christmas Shuffle he was doing...lol

Happy OSF.