September 21, 2014

Sunday Inspiration: And Then It Is Winter

You know. . . time has a way of moving quickly and catching you unaware of the passing years.

It seems just yesterday that I was young, just married and embarking on my new life with my mate. Yet in a way, it seems like eons ago, and I wonder where all the years went. I know that I lived them all. I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my hopes and dreams. But, here it is... the winter of my life and it catches me by surprise...How did I get here so fast? Where did the years go and where did my youth go?

I remember well seeing older people through the years and thinking that those older people were years away from me and that winter was so far off that I could not fathom it or imagine fully what it would be like. But, here it is...my friends are retired and getting grey...they move slower and I see an older person now. Some are in better and some worse shape than me...but, I see the great change....Not like the ones that I remember who were young and vibrant...but, like me, their age is beginning to show and we are now those older folks that we used to see and never thought we'd be.

Each day now, I find that just getting a shower is a real target for the day! And taking a nap is not a treat anymore... it's mandatory! Cause if I don't on my own free will... I just fall asleep where I sit!

And so...now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared for all the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability to go and do things that I wish I had done but never did!

But, at least I know, that though the winter has come, and I'm not sure how long it will last...this I know, that when it's over on this earth...it's NOT over. A new adventure will begin!

Yes, I have regrets. There are things I wish I hadn't done...things I should have done, but indeed, there are many things I'm happy to have done. It's all in a lifetime.

So, if you're not in your winter yet...let me remind you, that it will be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life please do it quickly! Don't put things off too long!

Life goes by quickly. So, do what you can today, as you can never be sure whether this is your winter or not! You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life...so, live for today and say all the things that you want your loved ones to remember...and hope that they appreciate and love you for all the things that you have done for them in all the years past!

~ Author Unknown

It's Not What You Gather,
But What You Scatter That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived.


This blog will continue to seek out Sunday Inspirations, a meme inspired by Sojourner's Place. Sunday Inspirations is just one way to help get us through the week ahead, the trials we may face, and yes, to say 'Thank You Jesus' and testify! I invite you to participate in this weekly meme as your contribution might serve as an inspiration to someone in need.

3 comments:

Big Mama said...

Hmmmm, if more of us could realize this earlier in our lives. Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn Moon said...

I like this piece as someone who is now leaving late Fall to early Winter and going through a life review. It happens for many before you die especially when you finally decide to retire from a lifelong career in a helping profession. For that matter any path one has chosen becomes a walk-through...if you will.

I read in some publication that "inside an old person is a young one wondering what in the heck happened". My spirit is young and my body has begun to betray me in so many ways. What you can draw on is your legacy and how many people did you help in this life. You form a gratitude list for rearing children whom became wonderful adults and chance meetings of those you've assisted along the way and they remember you with fond memories. You can still laugh at the absurdities of life and the joy comedians and those close to you have bestowed for they are gifts. The enjoyment of great music although some may bring tears others bring such joy. The dance remains in your heart and the upper torso although the legs or feet have disappointed you. It's the life cycle with all its wonders and frailties.

Unknown said...

Iya - Thank you for sharing it with me originally!

Carolyn - Your words are on target. Thank you for taking time to share your comment. I look forward to your next blog post on Perspectives! You may even decide to join us with this Sunday Inspiration meme!