October 2, 2009

Old School Friday: Barry White

This blog supports weekly meme known as Old School Friday. We use this opportunity to reach back into our musical memories for old school songs from the last millennium. This week the theme is Songs to Workout or Exercise To!

I need to start out with a disclaimer. Villager doesn't workout or exercise in any formal manner. I'm not proud of it. I 'spose it is the rhino in me. So, there isn't a natural flow for my selection this week. I do watch television re-runs. Did any of you every watch the Ally McBeal back in the day? I think I was initially drawn to the show because Lisa Nicole Carson was in it. I think she was in two series at the same time back then ... Ally McBeal and ER. Anyhow, Barry White was a favorite artist for one of the characters in the show. In the following video Barry White got the workout going for the entire cast of the show!





Workouts. Exercise. Hmmph! Only workout or exercise that interests me is also discussed in the lyrics of a Barry White song!




7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!! Very smooth!
I was a huge fan of Alley McBeale! Thanks for the memories!

Unknown said...

Regina - Ally McBeal was pretty kewl. Barry White appeared as a guest performer on the show in the last year as I recall. I'm heading over to visit your OSF entry for this week right now!

CCG said...

Bro.;

Though CCG truly NEEDS to exercise more, a Brotha is Scraight FEELIN' YA on the BARRY WHITE Exercise Plan!!!

Almost dropped a tear when U referenced my almost-shoulda-woulda-prollycouldabeen-BabyMama, LISA NICOLE CARSON!!!

HAPPY OSF!!!

Hey Shae! said...

Oh Ally McBeal, I miss that show. I like oddball people. :)

Marvalus said...

Ha! The kind of exercise Barry White croons of is all right, too!

Love the Ally McBeal clip...

Happy OSF!

Anonymous said...

Nobody like the Doctor of Love, Villager. And I actually remember that particular episode of "Ally McBeal." I was a fan of the show (and I was DAMNED sure a fan of Lisa Nicole Carson), but that particular episode was one of the best.

Great OSF pick!

PPR_Scribe said...

LOL @ Villager's workout program. There may be a market for such an exercise program...

I absolutely adore Lisa Nicole Carson. I hope she is well--and well supported by folks who have her best interests and needs as a human being at heart.