October 13, 2009

Tune In Tuesday: Solomon Burke (None of Us Are Free)

I first heard of Solomon Burke this past weekend. This song of his was playing in the background of an episode of 'Cold Case'. It touched my heart. The lyrics and the soulful rendition appeal to me very much. In fact, this tune is now the official anthem of the Electronic Village. I hope you enjoy the vibe as well.





Well you better listen my sister's and brothers,
'cause if you do you can hear
there are voices still calling across the years.
And they're all crying across the ocean,
and they're cryin across the land,
and they will till we all come to understand.

None of us are free.
None of us are free.
None of us are free, one of us are chained.
None of us are free.

And there are people still in darkness,
and they just can't see the light.
If you don't say it's wrong then that says it right.
We got try to feel for each other, let our brother's know that we care.
Got to get the message, send it out loud and clear.

(Chorus)

It's a simple truth we all need, just to hear and to see.
None of us are free, one of us is chained.
None of us are free.
now I swear your salvation isn't too hard too find,
None of us can find it on our own.
We've got to join together in sprirt, heart and mind.
So that every soul who's suffering will know they're not alone.

(Chorus)

If you just look around you,
your gonna see what I say.
Cause the world is getting smaller each passing day.
Now it's time to start making changes,
and it's time for us all to realize,
that the truth is shining real bright right before our eyes.

2 comments:

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

I love that song. In fact, I love the entire album from which the song came.

Burke is one of my favorite R&B singers. So much soul.

Unknown said...

MacDaddy - I guess I need to listen to music more often. I just hadn't heard of this brother until a few days ago...