October 1, 2009

Resignation: Bank of America CEO Ken Lewis


This blog called for the resignation of Bank of America CEO Ken Lewis back in May 2009. As such, we are glad to learn that he will be stepping down from the company in December, becoming "one of the most prominent financial executives to lose his job because of the financial crisis."

Analysts say that Lewis had become a "distraction" since the bank's takeover of Merrill Lynch and Countrywide Financial Corp., and he leaves "amid intensifying state and federal investigations."

Goodbye and good riddance. I would like to see others take responsibility and pay a price for their negligence that led to the current economic crisis that our nation is still reeling from today.

2 comments:

Hey Shae! said...

I signed the petition to oust him so I am also glad he is out. He should have left sooner IMO.

Unknown said...

Shae - It's odd ... but everytime I think of Bank of America I think of their support for apartheid in South Africa. I doubt that I could ever be a customer of their bank again...