September 12, 2010

Sports, Obama, Running a Business and Cleaning House

Go Blue!  It is so nice to wake up on a Sunday morning with a smile on my face from the University of Michigan football game.  There was a time that the Wolverine football team embarrased me very much due to their consistently poor play.   Today, I see that their sophomore quarterback, Denard Robinson, is a legit contender for the Heisman Trophy.  Now if we could only improve our kicking game!

Today, we find out if the Cincinnati Bengals can live up to the hype.  They go on the road to play the New England Patriots and Michigan alumni Tom Brady.  I'm looking for the Cincinnati Bengals to go all the way to the Super Bowl this year.   I also want to see Cedric Benson and Tank Johnson have great seasons.  Those are the favorite players for my two youngest 'uns.  Bengals season begins today.

Cincinnati was able to give some props to Pete Rose yesterday at the Reds baseball game.   Apparently it's been 25 years since Rose became the all-time leading hits leader in major league baseball.  Of course, Rose's personal demons and character flaws have kept him in baseball's shadows for most of the past 25 years.  I know how he feels.  I feel like I've been in the shadows for the past decade.   It is difficult to regain your footing when your character flaws cause your downfall.

President Obama shouldn't need to worry about such things.  His character is strong and positive.   I have confidence that he will lead our nation out of its current economic doldrums.  I have no confidence in the likes of an old man from Kentucky (McConnell) or a tanned golfer from Ohio (Boehner) ... just as I had no confidence in McCain or the Half-Governor when they were running for the White House back in 2008.

How soon we tend to forget the spirit of hope, change and renewal that our entire nation felt when Obama was campaigning two years ago.  He's the same man.  He is still cool, calm and collected.   I just wish that he and his team would find the magic potion to reduce the unemployment rate.

I've never been to an unemployment office.  I'm an entrepreneur trying to get my consulting business on.  I've been full-time entrepreneur since July 5, 2002.   Things haven't been fly all the time ... and right now I'm at a point that I need to get very busy in order to make ends meet.   Maintaining this blog ain't bringing home many duckets ... but, I enjoy it ... so I'll keep doing it.   However, I may need to listen to Paula Mooney or some other role models out here in the blogging world that are more successful than I've been in creating a revenue stream from their web-work.

Time will tell.  For now, I'm going to sit back and enjoy my Sunday.   Hmmm, I may need to take some time to clean up my place.  There is no longer a Mrs. Villager to ensure that it gets done.   Anyhow, I'll talk at y'all again tomorrow.

No comments: