September 25, 2010

Archive Meme: Searching for Online Treasure in My Blog Archives

This blog participated in the Archive Meme three years ago. I thought it would be nice to do it again in 2010. The Archive Meme rules are simple enough:
  1. Link 1 must be about family.
  2. Link 2 must be about friends.
  3. Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are... what you're all about...
  4. Link 4 must be about something you love
  5. Link 5 can be anything you choose.
Post your five links and then tag five other people. At least TWO of the people you tag must be newer acquaintences so that you get to know each other better.... and don't forget to read the archive posts and leave comments! So villagers, here are my five links...
  1. About Family - Kyra Hicks is my sister. She announced publication of her latest book, 1.6 Million African American Quilters, earlier this month.
  2. About Friends - One of my professional friends is the president and CEO of the Cincinnati Museum Center. His museum is host to an astounding exhibit -- America I AM: The African American Imprint. I hope that all villagers in driving distance of Cincinnati, Ohio check out this exhibit before it leaves town in January.
  3. About Me - This post shares some insights into the demons that plaque me. I'm nowhere close to the father that my father was. But, everyday I have the opportunity to do better.
  4. Something I Love - I love the lessons that I've learned from my Dad. He transitioned a few years ago and I miss him very much. Even writing this entry on my blog about him brings up some raw emotions for me.
  5. Wild Card - One day I need to figure out how I got so engaged in tracking taser-related deaths!
Now then ... the next step is for me to tag five bloggers that I enjoy reading on a regular basis:
  1. Michael Lang (Noire Digerati)
  2. Patrick Phillips (The Intersection of Madness & Reality)
  3. Anna Renee (Anna Renee is Still Talking)
  4. LaShawn Sithole (One In A Billion Consulting)
  5. Symphony (Essential Presence)
I enjoyed putting this together. I hope that the five tagged bloggers will participate as well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks much! I appreciate being tagged in your Meme and I have already posted one of my own! This is going to blow up black bloggers even bigger!
Much respect

Anna Renee

Unknown said...

Anna - I visited your post. I've subscribed to RoniLo's YouTube channel and I visited the five bloggers that you suggested! I appreciate you for taking on this meme...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Villager!