Drumbeats from Black In Business that gives ten reasons for us to support Black Business during this holiday season. Shop Black on Black Friday ... and beyond!
One of the principles of Kwanzaa that resonates with me strongly is Ujamaa ... cooperative economics. It is in our interests to spend our money with Black businesses that support and respect us and our interests. Here are the Top 10 Reasons to Buy Black:
- We invest in ourselves, our communities and our future.
- We participate in a Black self-love fest by putting our financial resources where our mouth/interest is.
- There is a higher likelihood of finding culturally specific products for our unique needs.
- Our dollars will stay within our community for a longer period of time when the Black business also employs Black folks, buys products from Black distributors and Black wholesalers.
- We will have a greater chance of influencing the decisions makers where we shop.
- We will receive respectful customer service and high quality products.
- We contribute to the building of business institutions that can be handed to the next generation.
- We contribute to becoming an independent group/nation able to sustain ourselves.
- We become a force to be reckoned with and able to affect change.
- The next generation sees a community who respects and supports itself and self esteem is increased.
Here is list of Black-owned businesses that Villagers recommend for your consideration:
- Afri-Ware Inc. - Oak Park, IL (708) 524-8398
- AfroSpear Freedom Technology Christmas
- ATM Typing (Clerical Services)
- Auto Parts For Less (Auto Supplies)
- Frontier National Products Co-Op - Norway, IA (800) 669-3275
- National Black Business Trade Assn - (641) 953-0492
- Preciss Data (Data Processing)
- Sportacular Players (Sports Apparel & Equipment)