December 9, 2010

Am I The Only One Sick and Tired of Rev. Jesse Jackson?

I was checking out a great blog, 'The Intersection of Madness & Reality' today and came across this video clip of Rev. Jesse Jackson on The Ed Show.






I felt my stomach turn the moment that Jackson started to speak. Am I the only one who remembers when Jackson indicating that he wanted to "cut his nuts off" in reference to President Obama?

I'm sad that I have some a negative reaction to Jackson whenever he mouths off about the president. I just think that Jackson is an opportunistic, two-faced hypocrite when it comes to Obama. 

I didn't always feel this way.   I used to think that Jackson was an American hero in 1984 and 1988 when he ran for president.   I was so moved by the 1988 speech he gave at the Democratic National Convention that I posted it on this blog for posterity.

But, all of that turned sour when Jackson let his jealousy of Obama show that day in the newsroom.   What man would talk about castrating another man?  Jackson did ... and I've never been able to get right with him since then.

Am I the only one sick and tired of Rev. Jesse Jackson?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

No you are not alone!

Big Mama said...

I was not aware of either incident, so I am really blown away! I clicked on and went back to see the video where he made the remark not realizing he was at a live mike.
As Karen said, you are not alone.

Unknown said...

Karen & Iya - I would prefer not to have such a visceral reaction to Rev. Jackson ... but, it's still with me even though it's been over 2 years since his 'castrate Obama' comments.