June 24, 2009

Lakeesha Alert: 2-Year Old Jada Justice is Missing


The Amber Alert system isn't working for our nubian toddler, Jada Justice. It is time to see if the Lakeesha Alert system can make a difference.

The search for a missing northwestern Indiana toddler has entered its second week as the FBI and police continue to investigate her disappearance.

Authorities say 2-year-old Jada Justice of Portage was apparently abducted from a car June 16 while her 18-year-old cousin who was baby sitting her went into a convenience store in Gary. The cousin was briefly held as a person of interest but has since been released.

Melissa Swiontek, Justice's mother, said, "I don't know. I don't know what to feel. I don't know. I feel there are so many speculations, there's so many things. I feel like I'm going to find her. I mean, I do feel like she can't be gone ... like this is not even happening."





Clothes worn at time of abduction: Jada was wearing an orange skirt, a white tank top with orange and green stripes, white sandals and purple underwear.

Circumstances: She was last seen on June 16, 2009. Jada may be with an adult companion. She was last seen wearing an orange skirt and a striped shirt.

Gary police are searching for a young girl who disappeared when a cousin who was taking care of her left the toddler alone in a car to get milk at a gas station.

Jada Justice, who turns three in August disappeared from the car at a gas station near the intersection of East Ridge Road and Louisiana Street in Gary about 9:30 p.m.

Jada was in the back seat of the car when her cousin stopped at the gas station about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 16. When the cousin returned to the car, Jada's car seat was still there, but Jada was missing.

Jada had been staying with her cousin temporarily, but was due to return to her mother on Saturday. No family member is involved in a custody dispute with the mother over Jada, and there's no reason to believe a family member may have taken her.
Anyone with information is asked to call 1-800-CALL-FBI, or Gary police Cmdr. Anthony Titus at (219) 881-1237, (219) 881-1229, (219) 881-1209 or (219) 881-1210.

5 comments:

Color Online said...

Why? Someone explain why anyone would leave a child alone in a car? Why haven't we learned yet?

I hope they find her alive and safe.

msladyDeborah said...

Hotep Villager,

I've posted the alert. I hope and pray that Jada is found alive and well.

Unknown said...

LaTonya - If the 18-year old cousin was not actively involved in the child being missing ... then I feel for her. She will live with this mistake for the rest of her life. I hope you'll consider sharing this story with your blog readers...

Lady D - Asante sana. I join you in that prayer...

mstlg said...

I pray that this little angel is found safe and alive. Too many times 'saving time' is placed at a higher priority than protecting our children. In retrospect, I am sure that the babysitter is wishing that she had taken the time to remove the baby from the car seat and carried her into the store. So sad.

Unknown said...

mstlg - From your lips to God's ears...