The incidence of HIV/AIDS has reached alarming rates among African Americans, and young Blacks are being hit hardest. To address the crisis, our blog is supporting efforts by TheLoop21.com and Magic Johnson Foundation, a recognized leader in HIV/AIDS prevention efforts, for an online awareness campaign this summer.
We will participate in the national conversations about the crisis during the weeks of June 21-27 and July 19-25. The whole idea is to call attention to an epidemic often ignored by the mainstream media and to search for a way to begin addressing a problem that's deeply affected our community and is only getting worse.
Get involved by reading about why a campaign like this is needed. Read about why HIV/AIDS has become a crisis or how Congress can get involved, find some books on the subject, sign our petition or become one of our partner organizations or bloggers and check back often for more of the kind of stories about this issue you won't find anywhere else.
What you can do right now?
- Add the logo to the right to your blog or Facebook page (Here's how: right click, or control-click on a Mac, and "save image as" to your computer)
- Start an online discussion about AIDS on your blog or Facebook page
- Subscribe to our HIV/AIDS Awareness groupsite.
- Join in the first national online discussion June 21-27
- Sign our petition and encourage others to do the same.