October 15, 2008

Obama Sealed the Deal


I watched the third and final presidential debate tonight. Barack Obama won the debate. Obama demonstrated a skill set that makes him more attractive as our future POTUS.

Intelligent. Calm. Self-confident. Compassionate. Even-tempered. Able to Disagree without Being Disagreeable.

America has some serious issues to deal with over the next four years. We are engaged in two wars. We have a junkie-like dependance on foreign oil. We are losing jobs at an alarming rate.

We don't need an angry old 20th century warrior in the White House. I think we need a smart young 21st century warrior in the White House.

I think that Obama showed himself to be presidential material over the course of these debates.

What say u?

6 comments:

SjP said...

Oh yea! He sealed it with a 360 finger roll! Too sweet! Calm, cool, and collected. Here that sound? I think the fat lady is singing!

Unknown said...

Sojourner - McCain seems like he wants Barack to lose more than he wants himself to win. McCain doesn't give anyone a reason to vote for him...

Believer said...

"We have a junkie-like dependence on foreign oil."

True!

The commentary after the debate noted that both sides felt that their candidate of choice did better.

It was by far the best of the debates. At first, I thought it would be more of the same, but then both took it further.

I like the moderators ending, "now go vote." I think that makes sense.

Unknown said...

Believer 1964 - Actually, the moderator did an excellent job. He brought up issues like abortion that hadn't been discussed in other debates. I thought it was interesting to watch the responses from both McCain and Obama. It appears that 'independants' thought Obama won the debate by 57-31 margin...

Hagar's Daughter said...

I thought this was the best of the 3 debates, even with both senators looking a little weary.

Senator Obama won this one hands down. Senator McCain threw everything at Obama. I liked how Obama forced McCain to mention Ayers and Acorn, which just took the wind away from those lies.

Bob Schieffer did an excellent job at moderating.

Unknown said...

Hagar's Daughter - I agree with your analysis. Especially the part about Bob Scheiffer's excellence as an analyst. Truth to tell ... I liked the format of this debate better than the others. It was more civil in my view...