October 28, 2008

November 5th Etiquette Tips for Obama Supporters


Villagers, I've been watching crowds of over 100,000 supporters coming out to Obama campaign rallys in Portland, St. Louis and Denver. I noticed that Obama and Biden swept all four debates with their opponents. I see that the early voting enthusiasm and the polls are suggesting that Obama may win this election on November 4.

Barack Obama might win the election on November 4!

If he wins there will be a lot of people (some of our co-workers included) who will be afraid that an Obama presidency will usher in the end of days. They'll be watching us on November 5th (the day after the election) for signs of the end times.

To keep the peace and keep a lot of folks from getting nervous, we should develop a list of celebrations and behaviors we should probably avoid on November 5th:


  1. No crying, hugging or shouting "Thank you Lord" - at least not in public.

  2. No high-fives - at least not unless the area is clear and there are no witnesses

  3. No laughing at the McCain-Palin supporters

  4. No calling in sick on November 5th. They'll get nervous if too many of us don't show up.

  5. We're allowed to give each other knowing winks or nods in passing. Just try to keep from grinning too hard.

  6. No singing loudly, "We've Come This Far By Faith" (it will be acceptable to hum softly)

  7. No bringing of barbeque ribs or fried chicken for lunch in the company
    lunchroom for at least a week (no chittlings at all ... this may make us seem too ethnic).

  8. No leaving Kool-Aid packages at the water fountain (this might be a sign that poor folks might be getting too uppity).

  9. No Cupid Shuffle during breaks (this could indicate a little too much excitement.)

  10. Please no "Moving On Up" music (we are going to try to remain humble.

  11. No doing your private "Happy Dance" (unless you're in your office with the door closed)

  12. Please try not to yell --- BOOOO YAH!

  13. Just in case you're wondering, doing the 'Running Man', 'Cabbage Patch'
    or a backhand spring on the highway is 100% okay
    .


Feel free to add to the list. We just want to make sure villagers all on the same page when Obama brings this thing home on November 5th.

Now go get your early vote on and let's make this thing happen!!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Villager!

Well doggone, man. You just ain't no fun, man. Not even a happy dance...? No BOO YA! No ribs and chicken? Kool Aid??

C'mon, bruh. We gots to rub their face in it just a l'il bit. C'mon. You know you wanna...

Moondancer said...

I may have to go into seclucion for a few day to follow these rules, cause I'm gonna be mighty happy to see this change hit Washinton with a bang.

SjP said...

You scooped me on this one! LOL! Had planned to post later this week. LOL! But, I was planning on going way back and do the "Watusi" - but, I guess that would be just a bit too much...ya think?

Unknown said...

Keith - It is shared 'tongue-in-cheek'. Feel free to get buck-wild on Nov 5th! I know that I plan to (smile). Actually, we'll have 4-years to rub it in their face by doing well. We need to truly get our country on the right track over the coming months and years. That is my prayer for Obama (if he wins)...

Moondancer - Be happy young sista! I've lived places where a Super Bowl or NCAA championship is won ... and the city has cars turned over and such. Hopefully, we can keep it in check a little more than that...

Sojourner - We have different blog readers ... so I encourage you to post it anyhow! And if you do that 'watusi' please take a video...

clnmike said...

LMAO!

You better repost this one so it sticks, because I was damn sure going to violate at least 5 of those rules.

Renee said...

I personally believe that blacks the world over deserve the day off. My BFF and I have already planned to call in sick if he wins and we are Cannucks. Blacks have suffered world wide for centuries and I see no reason we don't all deserve a day to say thank you Jesus. I am even going to let my kid stay home from school and we are going to celebrate all day long.

Unknown said...

too funny!
my suggestion for this list..
there should be no trying out the CEO's chair for size...
it did cross my mind but i thought the better of it...
i do think there should be copious amounts of fist bumping.. well, they made an issue of it first...

Unknown said...

Mike - You won't be alone...

Renee - Methinks that there will be many, many of us doing the same thing on November 5th. After all, we ain't much for etiquette (smile)...

Marcia - I like that one about the CEO's chair!!

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

Lol, Villager. I'm naughty. I'm gonna break every rule on that list.

Kevin Andre Elliott said...

LOL! Great post. But you know I'm going to break every item on that list! Except for the ribs bit. I'm a vegetarian and all.

Joe Wessels said...

Wayne,

This post is great! I need to check out your blog more often...

-JJoe

J said...

LOL, great post...

I have already voted here in Virginia. Let's pray that the country votes for Obama and moves in the right direction after that

Unknown said...

KIT & Kevin - I think you will not be alone. A whole bunch of these rules are gonna be busted wide open on November 5th!

Joe - I hope you find reasons to come back more often as well.

Tariq - Excellent example with the early voting. I decided to wait and do it on the 4th after all...

Unknown said...

Beautiful post!

Check this one out......

In spite of all the race card throwing, hatred and intolerance that has surfaced in the last few weeks surrounding this historical campaign...there is little doubt that we still have come a long way....especially after reading that the 109 year old daughter of a former slave cast her vote for Barack Obama....Yes We CAN!

Unknown said...

Blog Queen - Thanx for sharing that link with us. That is a remarkable story...