October 4, 2008

C.H.A.N.G.E. - Come Help A N-Word Get Elected


A woman that I went to college with sent me a text message the other day. She asked me if I knew what 'C.H.A.N.G.E.' stood for. I didn't. She told me it stood for 'Come Help A Nigger Get Elected'.

It is one thing for adults to share inappropriate jokes like this with one another. It is quite another when middle-school teachers begin to share these same racially-based comments with their 7th grade students.

So you can imagine my disappointment when I learned from Pam's House Blends that a Florida middle school teacher faced disciplinary action after using the word "nigger" to describe Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama. This racist jerk, Greg Howard, asked his students what "change" stood for in relation to the Obama campaign and proceeded to write out the acronym "come help a nigger get elected."

The school suspended Howard without pay for 10 days and removed him from his position at the school. But school officials said Howard has been transferred to Jackson County Adult Education Program, where he will continue to teach.

Villagers, we need to get ready for an onslaught of negative ads, stories and incidents over the next 30 days. John McCain and his minions are not going down to defeat without throwing everything possible at Obama.

5 comments:

clnmike said...

He has no business taching anybody anything, thios was not a lapse in judgement this was planned.

wisdomteachesme said...

THE TRUTH WILL reveal what lies underneath.
it surprises me none about this teacher--it has been happening in the schools for many years before he did what he did--and it will continue to happen in days to come.
does it make it right? no.

When changes occur, the truth that lives in peoples hearts will be revealed. it is their resistance/fears- that causes what they love to be spoken out of their mouths.
This is a time where we will witness MUCH of what lives in peoples hearts...which is what they love.
knowing Who you are & who you are Not is the foundation of being able to sway and bend in order to Not be broken in half when the winds of trouble come.
a tree planted by a stream of sweet water.....
shall live through droughts and famines....

Monica Roberts said...

I hope the Secret Service detail surrounding Sen Obama is on heightened alert this month.

The looney NRA right wingers will do everything possible to accomplish with a bullet what they increasingly can't with the ballot

AAW said...

I heard this story on the radio while driving and I had to keep my hands on the steering wheel not to break my concentration.

Just like you said, I'm expecting an onslaught of negative ads in the next 30 days and all I would say is to be like Harriet Tubman - keep going.

Unknown said...

Mike - I agree. This man needs to be fired from his job. His actions were beyond the pale...

WisdomTeachesMe - It is up to us with blogs to shine the light on this nonsense with our blog readers whenever we have the chance. I'm blessed to have villagers willing to share their voice as you've done. I like your analogy...

Monica - In addition to the Secret Service ... who have kept presidents and presidential candidates safe since the 1972 timeframe (when George Wallace was shot) ... we must add OUR PRAYERS for the safety of Barack Obama and his family...

AAW - Stock markets are down over 750 points as I type this to you. Economic news like this may wipe out McCain's evil intentions to go negative...