August 11, 2009

Tune In Tuesday: Jennifer Holliday


I attended my first concert in many years last week while I was in Raleigh NC. There were two highlights for me.

First, I truly enjoyed the comedic stylings of Debra Terry. I hope that she hits it big in the coming weeks and months. I encourage villagers to check her out whenever she is in your town.

The other highlight for me was Jennifer Holliday. She mixed her songs with a personal story that pulled at my heart throughout the evening. She brought the audience to it's feet when she sang her signature song ... and she did point out that it was *HER* song, regardless of efforts to have it claimed by others in recent years.

I listened to her song and wondered if ever there was a woman on this planet who thought about me in the way that Jennifer Holliday is thinking about the man in her song? Listen and enjoy and decide ... have you ever been in a loving relationship that could result in such a song?







Womanist Musings created a weekly meme today called Tune In Tuesday. She noted that our blogs often deal with serious issues and it might be nice to lighten the atmosphere every once in awhile. Music has the ability to trigger happy memories and much of our lives are marked by song. To that end each Tuesday this blog intends to offer a song and tell you about what it triggers for me and in return you are welcome to share any memories that you have associated with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you one thing, Villager; any man got a woman loves him like that has no need for food or drink. That kinda love will cover all your needs with change left over.

Unknown said...

Keith - Amen to that! And if you find such a sister ... never let her go!