August 18, 2009

Tune In Tuesday: The Whispers


I have been blessed to have some wonderful women in my life. At the same time I have been cursed with an inability to maintain uplifting and mutually respectful relationships with them. In other words, I have screwed up most of my closest relationships ... never letting them grow into what God intended.

I'm now a grown-azzed man ... with three wonderful children ... two ex-wives. I now have a good relationship with the mother of my three children. The relationships are now child-centered versus being centered on the two of us.

All that being said ... tonight I felt a need to reflect on what has been and what may be again in the future. The words of The Whispers came to mind. I've had that special lady in my life before ... and listening to the mellow sounds of The Whispers ... I have hope that I may once again find that special Lady in my future.




Womanist Musings created a weekly meme today called Tune In Tuesday. She noted that our blogs often deal with serious issues and it might be nice to lighten the atmosphere every once in awhile. Music has the ability to trigger happy memories and much of our lives are marked by song. To that end each Tuesday this blog intends to offer a song and tell you about what it triggers for me and in return you are welcome to share any memories that you have associated with it.

No comments: