October 28, 2007

Columbus Mayor Endorses Obama


I usually don't have many kind words for Columbus, OH ... the 15th largest city in the nation. After all, Columbus is the home of Ohio State Buckeyes ... and my favorite college team since I was a kid is the University of Michigan (UM). My parents met in Ann Arbor as UM undergraduates and both my maternal grandparents have post-graduate degrees from UM. Wolverine fans ordinarily don't have nice things to say about Columbus, OH.

Today is different. I learned today that Mike Coleman, mayor of Columbus, publically endorsed Barack Obama in his run for the presidency. Coleman joins other big-city mayors like Richard Daley of Chicago and Adrian Fenty of Washington, who also endorsed Obama.

Today I've learned that not everything about Columbus OH is bad!

3 comments:

justjudith said...

lol. well since i just moved to columbus, i hope you can find two nice things to say.

Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

While I understand how political enthusiasm can make us do and say things we don't actually mean, I think you've crossed the line. Turn in your maize and blue and consider yourself on probation. Next you'll be praising Fort Wayne.

Unknown said...

Judith - I imagine that you could drag it out of me after awhile...

Stewart - I'm still amazed that Lloyd Carr is still on the sidelines. Hopefully, Big Blue can put an end to the national title dreams of Ohio State this year.