October 9, 2007

Security Guard Calls Pleajhia Mervin a Liar


Security guard Chris Niemeyer responds for the first time to the videotape evidence against him. He maintains that he was a professional who never called Pleajhia Mervin a "nappy head". In fact, Niemeyer claims that the 15-year old threw the cake at this feet and screamed obsencities in his face. The security guard feels that he used "measured force".

"Measured force" resulted in a 15-year old girl having her wrist broken; three young people expelled from school; and four people arrested ... all while the security guard gets paid to sit at home and watch Tyra Banks re-runs.

Niemeyer gave exclusive interview to a local television station. He says,
"I'm not racist and never have been. The issue that occurred at Pete Knight High School has nothing to do with race. I don't see color, I see people. Accusations that were made regarding myself are false. I thought I handled the situation professionally and I don't second-guess my actions. During the incident I remained calm, never jumped out of my character. Our job as security officers is the safety and security of all students and staff on the high school campuses in the Antelope Valley. Security staff at Pete Knight High School has done an excellent job at making the campus safe and will continue to do so in the future."
How hard an investigation does this have to be? It is like the Rodney King affair back in the day ... we saw the tape!

13 comments:

Believer said...

Must every move we make be filmed so that the finger pointing and lies will cease. It's a tragedy and this only confirms that a religious private school may be my answer as a parent raising a child. It's important that WE are all on the same page.

My theme this week is Peace and I would appreciate your input on the follow-up story on the lynching allegations in our small town. Look for "Where Are The Peacemakers?".

Unknown said...

Rosemarie - I look forward to reading your peace theme...

AJ said...

"I'm not racist and never have been. The issue that occurred at Pete Knight High School has nothing to do with race. I don't see color, I see people.

Normally this type of statement always raises a red flag for me. We all see color just as we see gender.

Eddie G. Griffin said...

Thanks Villager for the follow-up post at Pete Knight High School.

Woozie said...

No matter how you view this case, there are two truths:

1. He's lying when he says he doesn't see color. Everyone sees it, it's just that come people react to it in one way, others in another.

2. What the hell kind of name is Pleajhia? :)

Anonymous said...

The guard weighs how much? Pleajhia weighs how much? If it is not racism, it must be cake-a-phobia.

Unknown said...

AJ - I agree with you that I worry whenever someone makes that statement.

Eddie - No problem. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Woozie - When you get down to it ... all of our names are sacred. I never like it when folks denigrate a person's name. For example, I thought that MoveOn.org was in poor taste when they mocked the name of the US general in Iraq.

Old White Guy - Yeah, it is hard to believe that this guard still feels he did the right thing.

Bohemian Chick said...

"I'm not racist and never have been."

If he wasn't a racist, he wouldn't have made that statement. I'm surprised he didn't add, "Some of my best friends are black!"

If the colors were reversed and Pleajhia was white and he was black, he'd be in jail right now.

Anonymous said...

hi villager how r u... just hopping

Woozie said...

I'm not denigrating it, I'm just saying I think it's a weird name. Saying something is peculiar and defaming it are two different things.

Unknown said...

Ester - Hotep! Nice to see you here in this part of cyberspace.

Woozie - Thank you for the clarification.

Anonymous said...

Her arm wasn't broken.

Unknown said...

Courtney - Does that make the security guard less culpable for his inappropriate actions?