Both groups have given wide marketing to a local reporter from Jena, LA area who woke up one day and decided that he needed to add his spin on the facts.
"The media got most of the basics wrong," he writes. "In fact, I have never before witnessed such a disgrace in professional journalism. Myths replaced facts, and journalists abdicated their solemn duty to investigate every claim because they were seduced by a powerfully appealing but false narrative of racial injustice."
The Jena reporter provides his take on a dozen points from the Jena Six storyline:
- Myth 1: The Whites-Only Tree.
- Myth 2: Nooses a Signal to Black Students.
- Myth 3: Nooses Were a Hate Crime.
- Myth 4: DA's Threat to Black Students.
- Myth 5: The Fair Barn Party Incident.
- Myth 6: The "Gotta-Go" Grocery Incident.
- Myth 7: The Schoolyard Fight.
- Myth 8: The Attack Is Linked to the Nooses.
- Myth 9: Mychal Bell's All-White Jury.
- Myth 10: Jena 6 as Model Youth.
- Myth 11: Jena Is One of the Most Racist Towns in America.
- Myth 12: Two Levels of Justice.Myth 2: Nooses a Signal to Black Students.
The rhinos in our village love to run with lions such as Prometheus 6!