September 6, 2008

New AfroSpear Member: Hey Shae


We are pleased to introduce all villagers to Shae! Shae is a strong nubian sister-blogger who publishes Hey Shae! (BBR #866). Hey Shae! is the blog that replaced Shae-Shae's Blog (BBR #116). Hey Shae! was recently inducted into The AfroSpear.

Shae's blog offers a variety of information including the latest on pop culture, entertainment news, celebrity gossip, music, videos and personal ramblings.

When asked why The AfroSpear exists, Shae wrote, "To unite brown bloggers and collaborate on important information, views and opinions."

When asked why she wants to join The AfroSpear, Shae wrote, "To be included in those dialogs."

I encourage all villagers to check out the 10 Questions that Shae wants you to answer for her!

5 comments:

HeyShae! said...

Hey, that's me! Hi Villager, thanks for the introduction.

I've been coming here for quite a while and have come across a lot of wonderful Villagers through my old blog sHaE-sHaE's Blog.

When I began blogging a year ago, I wondered, "Where are all the black bloggers?" Then I came across African American Political Opinion and went through the blogroll... black bloggers galore!!

I want to thank all of the wonderful bloggers who chat with me on a regular basis and who keep the comments coming. I've learned many things through the AfroSpear and am glad I am now a part of it.

-Shae

Unknown said...

Shae - Thanks for sharing your village voice with us. I hope you find reason to come back more often in the future. I'm very glad that you are now part of "Black bloggers galore!!" (smile).

I look forward to the continued evolution of your blog over the coming weeks and months.

As an aside, how hard was it to transition from blogspot to your own domain?

HeyShae! said...

I first purchased the domain name and tried to use the URL direct, but I'm not that savvy. So I purchased a host and uploaded all of my posts & comments to Wordpress.

That was the easiest part. I'm not a Wordpress wizz so getting the template & widgets set up took a little bit. Over all it wasn't so bad... Until I deleted everything and had to start all over. LOL

On a scale of 1 - 10, the difficulty was about a 7 1/2. But, if any of the Villagers out there are CSS or HTML literate, they should have a much easier time than I did.

I'm just glad you all came along with me for the ride. :-D

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

congrats sister yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HeyShae! said...

Thanks Torrance. :-D